shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Implementing service provider

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Implementing service provider

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Implementing service provider
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:58:20 -0400

David Bantz wrote on 2009-09-23:
> My apologies if my comment seemed in any way a slam or irresponsible dig
> at the Shibb development team, who I know to be responsive and
> tireless and patient in their assistance to those deploying Shibboleth.

I'm not reacting in offense, I'm just explaining why it's not getting any
better very quickly.

On rare occasions I might have enough time to go digging and spot problems,
but usually without some insight it just sits.

There are exceptions, of course, when there simply isn't anything written. I
spent the better part of a week last month writing a bunch of missing
overview and "pathing" material for the SP, along with a bunch of missing
references on the web server options, but I have no idea if it's any good
because I haven't seen any feedback.