shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Implementing service provider

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Implementing service provider

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Implementing service provider
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:16:23 -0400

David Bantz wrote on 2009-09-23:
> I'm not sure whether Alessandra means to "develop" - write a new SP -
> or deploy the existing SP. Our experience has been that's it's very
> helpful to have gone through the installation and configuration of SP
> before you try deployment the first time ;-}

I'm pretty sure he means develop, to which the only answer I will bother to
give is "don't" and if you must, look at
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/TechnicalSpecs

> Seriously, walking through the process with someone familiar is very
> helpful; only then, in our experience, are you in a position to rely on
> the documentation at https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/Home

The problem is that this isn't the intention, and when people tell us that,
they stop there. By not explaining why the documentation is somehow
unsuitable, we aren't in a position to do anything about it.