shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:49:03 -0400

> All methods do return null values.

Because you haven't declared the dependencies. Exactly what we keep saying.

> These are my element definition in attribute-resolver.xml so far:
>
> <resolver:AttributeDefinition
> id="eduPersonEntitlement"
> xsi:type="Simple"
> xmlns="urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:resolver:ad"
> sourceAttributeID="eduPersonEntitlement">
> <resolver:Dependency ref="myShibboleth" />

This makes *this* plugin depend on *your* data connector. It does NOT give
your plugin access to this attribute. You need to stop reversing your mental
model, because it's backwards.

> <resolver:DataConnector
> id="myShibboleth"
> xsi:type="MyShibbolethDataConnector"
> xmlns="urn:mace:unikn:shibboleth:resolver"
> attr1="test"/>

This means your plugin will have access to nothing, which is exactly what
happens. You need to list each attribute you want to feed into it as a
dependency *here*. If you want three, you list all three in a row.

> Maybe a mispell. But from my point of view I'm implementing a
> DataConnector that has access to all available AttributeDefinition
> objects that define a DataConnector as an dependency object (but I'm
> learning to see the other way round).

And you're configuring exactly the reverse of that, so I'm sorry, but your
mental block here seems to be causing your problem.

> To me all plugins seem to be properly initialized. What do you see?

I see the same thing Chad did, so instead of arguing about it, can you please
just do what we both suggested and then see what the log says?