shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions

  • From: Markus Ludwig Grandpre <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:36:51 +0200

Chad La Joie wrote:
You seem to not understand what the word "dependency" means, or at least
> the difference between a dependency and a dependent.

I don't understand how the LdapDataConnector is enabled to get all AttributeDefinition objects only by using

<resolver:Dependency ref="myLDAP" />

I followed your shib2 documentation and your LdapDataConnector implementation but get null values all the time. There is something missing within the configuration or within the java code that I've already posted. There are of course some things that I don't understand, but stop telling me what dependencies are when I depend on your good will to get a simple step forward.

Markus

Markus Ludwig Grandpre wrote:
I wonder how the Shibboleth2 LdapDataConnector gains access to any
AttributeDefinition object that declares a reference/dependency to this
connector e.g.

<resolver:AttributeDefinition
id="eduPersonEntitlement"
<resolver:Dependency ref="myLDAP" />

whereby the DataConnector of the LdapDataConnector does not
declare any dependency to AttributeDefinitions at all:

<resolver:DataConnector
id="myLDAP"
xsi:type="LDAPDirectory"
xmlns="urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:resolver:dc"
</resolver:DataConnector>

I've followed the LdapDataConnector implementation and used parts of it
for my own DataConnector implementation, but getting null values all the
time.

What went wrong?