shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:20:35 -0400

> Map<String, AttributeDefinition> map = resolutionContext.
> getResolvedAttributeDefinitions();

I'm fairly certain that's not how you access dependencies, so perhaps that's
your problem.

There are methods in the plugin base class for accessing dependendent results:

getValuesFromAllDependencies

getValuesFromAttributeDependency

getValuesFromConnectorDependency

In fairness they take the context as a parameter, but I would at least use
those methods first and see what happens.

> But every time only one AttributeDefinition object is returned, although
> I've defined three different AttributeDefinitions elements in
> attribute-resolver.xml.

And each one is listed in your plugin's XML as a dependency of your plugin?

> * How does the Shibboleth2 LdapDataConnecor manage to get all
> AttributeDefinition objects at one time by only using:

You keep saying it backwards, and that makes one naturally suspicious of your
configuration. It may well just be a misspeak, but the difference matters.
The LDAP connector does NOT get all the attributes, the plugins that depend
on the LDAP connector are provided with the LDAP result.

> * What is wrong with my config and/or java code (please consider last
> posts that contain the corresponding code snippets)

What does the DEBUG log indicator about the dependent attribute plugins? Are
they properly initialized and do they run successfully?