shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions

  • From: Markus Ludwig Grandpre <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:01:54 +0200

Sorry I can't make this any clearer for you. A plugin (attribute
definition, data connector, principal connector) can get the attribute
objects from other plugins that are explicitly listed as its
dependencies. That's it. There is nothing else. If you don't list a
plugin as a dependency you don't get it is one.

As you may read in my very first posting of this thread, I've already managed to get one AttributeDefinition object:

Map<String, AttributeDefinition> map = resolutionContext.
getResolvedAttributeDefinitions();

if (map == null || map.isEmpty())
{
log.error("no attribute defnitions found for " + getId());
}
else
{
for (Iterator<String> it = map.keySet().iterator(); it.hasNext(); )
{
log.debug(it.next());
}
}

Result:

DEBUG MyShibbolethDataConnector.java(115): edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.resolver.provider.attributeDef
inition.ContextualAttributeDefinition@17753a8

But every time only one AttributeDefinition object is returned, although I've defined three different AttributeDefinitions elements in attribute-resolver.xml. Playing around with commenting single AttributeDefinitions elements in and out showed that every defined AttributeDefinition object can be returned, but any time just one!

So my questions are:

* How does the Shibboleth2 LdapDataConnecor manage to get all
AttributeDefinition objects at one time by only using:

<resolver:AttributeDefinition
<resolver:Dependency ref="myLDAP" />
</resolver:AttributeDefinition>

and

<resolver:DataConnector
id="myLDAP"
</resolver:DataConnector>

?

* What is wrong with my config and/or java code (please consider last
posts that contain the corresponding code snippets)

Sorry, if I can't make it any clearer too.
Markus