shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] How enable a DataConnector to get all attribute definitions
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:08:16 -0400

Markus Ludwig Grandpre wrote on 2009-04-20:
> I don't understand how the LdapDataConnector is enabled to get all
> AttributeDefinition objects only by using
>
> <resolver:Dependency ref="myLDAP" />

Because it isn't. That's how the AttributeDefinition objects get access to
the LDAP connector's data, not the other way around. It's a dependency tree,
and each plugin has access to the inputs that *it* declares as dependencies.
If your plugin needs something, you list it in *your* plugin's declaration as
a dependency.

> I followed your shib2 documentation and your LdapDataConnector
> implementation but get null values all the time. There is something
> missing within the configuration or within the java code that I've
> already posted.

What's missing is (probably) in the XML configuration of your plugin.

> There are of course some things that I don't understand,
> but stop telling me what dependencies are when I depend on your good
> will to get a simple step forward.

Unfortunately, the logical conclusion from reading those emails is that
dependencies were the thing you didn't understand.