shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Feedback for Shibboleth 2.2 roadmap

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Feedback for Shibboleth 2.2 roadmap

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Feedback for Shibboleth 2.2 roadmap
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:43:30 -0500

Peter Williams wrote on 2009-02-26:
> If I state a (signed) requirement of passwordprotectedtransport and force-
> authn=true, I expect the SSL endpoint in the IDP to perform a full SSL
> handshake.

I'm not aware of any way to guarantee that, and it certainly isn't what the
combination of those settings means to anybody else. If you find a single
person who agrees with you, I'll be amazed.

As a practical matter, I do not believe there's anything made available to
an application that tells it whether the web server performed a handshake. I
don't even think turning off SSL session caching implies that, though I
could be wrong.