shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Feedback for Shibboleth 2.2 roadmap

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Feedback for Shibboleth 2.2 roadmap

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Feedback for Shibboleth 2.2 roadmap
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:04:57 -0500

André Cruz wrote on 2009-02-26:
> No. Most people think this means that the probability of the user
> being who he says he is is bigger.

I don't think you and Peter S. qualify as most people, unfortunately.
Explaining degrees of gray to most people just doesn't go that well.

I'm not sure any of it matters though...barring bugs, the feature's there,
so what any of us think about it doesn't matter much.

However, I remind people that the SP can't enforce this; either you check
the authentication time in your application or use the setting that prevents
the assertion from being accepted based on the time elapsed.