shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] SHIB Status call -- 6/9/2008) -- 12:00 pm EDT, 9 am PDT

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] SHIB Status call -- 6/9/2008) -- 12:00 pm EDT, 9 am PDT

  • From: Peter Schober <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] SHIB Status call -- 6/9/2008) -- 12:00 pm EDT, 9 am PDT
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:39:10 +0200

* Chad La Joie
<>
[2008-06-09 19:45]:
> I am especially reticent to consider this given that, to date, we've
> received no feedback as to whether people are even using it and, if so,
> what types of user experience issues their users are having. The only
> projects I've known who have tried this remain undeployed and garnered
> user feedback that it was too complicated and confusing.

Just to throw in that at the most recent EuroCAMP in stockholm
http://www.terena.org/activities/eurocamp/may08/slides/20080508-simonsen-CONSENT.pdf
several people (from several NRENs) talked about "consent"
functionality as being the "next big thing" they expect to "need" in
their federations (or inter-federations or confederations, eduGAIN,
etc.). But this hardly has anything to do with user experience (and
everything with lawers) I suppose.

Not that I heared anything particularly convincing why we'd have to
collect people's consent for e.g. ePTId or when releasing *fewer*
attributes than before (whose release has already been consented to in
the past), the latter of which being purely implementation specific,
of course.

regards,
-peter

--

- vienna university computer center
Universitaetsstrasse 7, A-1010 Wien, Austria/Europe