shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] SHIB Status call -- 6/9/2008) -- 12:00 pm EDT, 9 am PDT

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] SHIB Status call -- 6/9/2008) -- 12:00 pm EDT, 9 am PDT

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] SHIB Status call -- 6/9/2008) -- 12:00 pm EDT, 9 am PDT
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 19:45:18 +0200

wrote:
2) Quick items...
-- extended "ArpViewer" -- allowing the user to control release of attributes -- technically, would it be possible to implement this with the 2.0 IdP ?

This is what the ARP viewer does. So yes, it's possible.

If you're talking about the idea you mentioned where people would be able to select which attributes are released or not then I would need to see a) documentation for how you will educate the users as to what this means and b) a request for the feature to the mailing list for the extension with the aforementioned information.

I am especially reticent to consider this given that, to date, we've received no feedback as to whether people are even using it and, if so, what types of user experience issues their users are having. The only projects I've known who have tried this remain undeployed and garnered user feedback that it was too complicated and confusing.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities