shibboleth-dev - RE: Shib 2.0: ADFS integration

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shib 2.0: ADFS integration

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Shib 2.0: ADFS integration
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:39:15 -0500

> I'm not getting any error, as I wrote on friday... basically the
> SessionInitiator is ignored.

I can confirm this is not what I get.

I put this in my SP:

<SessionInitiator type="ADFS" Location="/Login" id="adfs" isDefault="true"
relayState="cookie" entityID="urn:mace:inqueue:osu.edu"/>

Then I modified my old InQueue metadata by adding
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/07/secext"; to the IDP role's
protocolSupportEnumeration, and added an SSO endpoint as directed in the
wiki topic.

At that point it redirected me to the SSO endpoint using the WS-Fed protocol
as expected.

Some problems still occur if you don't have the right metadata, but if it's
there, it works. I'll work on improving the error messages, but otherwise I
don't see a bug, at least not in the 2.0 version.