shibboleth-dev - RE: Shib 2.0: ADFS integration

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shib 2.0: ADFS integration

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Shib 2.0: ADFS integration
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:42:31 -0500

> Now if I try with something like this I got "None of the configured
> SessionInitiators handled the request":
>
> <SessionInitiator type="Chaining" Location="/" isDefault="true" id="Twiki
> beta"

Location="/" is not allowed. I don't know what it will do, I'll check the
code. It might just be skipping it, and the log might say that up front.

> So maybe if you can point me to some documentation, or if you have an
> advice, you can save my head from exploding and make me happy before
> christmas.

I'm pretty sure your problem is nothing more than a bogus location. Unless
you have a need for something sophisticated, you should use
Location="/Login" to keep things consistent. That can be a Chaining
initiator with the ADFS inside it, or just the ADFS itself if the entityID
is hardcoded to an ADFS site anyway.