shibboleth-dev - RE: RHEL5 RPM's

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: RHEL5 RPM's

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: RHEL5 RPM's
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:43:34 -0400

> I'm happy to report that the standard SRPMS build like a charm on RHEL5.
> The main difference is Apache 2.2. I see that the spec file has been
> prepared to build for apache22. How to trigger that so it's included in
> the RPM that comes out?

How did you build it if you didn't figure that out?

Anyway, I think it's:

rpmbuild --rebuild -D '_with_apache22 1' shibboleth-1.3-11.src.rpm

Something close to that anyway, the syntax is kind of horrid. Eventually if
you get it right, you'll see the configure command include
--enable-apache-22 for you.

I would welcome an autoconf patch that autodetects the Apache version if
none is provided, but it would have to be tested on probably 3-4 different
Linuxes.

> ps: anyone interested in the compiled RPM's for RHEL5?

I would take them, but for me to sign them, I'd probably need them signed by
a key I already know, so I'll just wait for CentOS to come out and then
prepare a set myself.