shibboleth-dev - Re: IdP discovery protocol news

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: IdP discovery protocol news

  • From: "Alistair Young" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: IdP discovery protocol news
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:09:20 -0000 (GMT)

> The discovery service is a web service
absolutely.

> Maybe you mean you want it to be a SOAP service?
;) machine to machine, yes. If it was an SDS it would be machine to
machine, SOAP, WS-Security + SAML token and all that for AAA, as a SOA
brick would require. Just about any language is capable of cobbling
together an XML based packet these days. Even Python I believe, although I
haven't seen a Python SP (yet).

When I referred to "web service" (and all that that can mean) I was
contrasting with Scott's view that the SP should do all the discovery leg
work, which isn't SOA compatible. I think that's what he was saying.

Alistair

--
mov eax,1
mov ebx,0