shibboleth-dev - Re: IdP discovery protocol news

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: IdP discovery protocol news

  • From: "Alistair Young" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: IdP discovery protocol news
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:32:04 -0000 (GMT)

> The ones I can think of are support for multiple authentication request
> and response profiles at the same SP (even non-SAML ones), and support
> for encrypted and signed authentication requests.
ok. I just get confused now and again as this is a "shibboleth" list!
I have to keep reminding myself that shibboleth means a lot of things
these days ;)

> local to an SP or group of SPs
ok, I see. SPs are obviously going to know what IdPs you're likely to be
coming from. according to their metadata. If your institution doesn't have
an agreement with an SP, you won't see your IdP at all.

So instead of the SP sending you off to the WAYF to pick from thousands of
IdPs, it instead says "here's the reduced list of IdPs I talk to, which
one are you from?". A pool of IdPs if you like.

Can we have support for clearing your selection? For users who have
multiple IdPs for the same SP and consequently different levels of access
to resources.

thanks,

Alistair

--