shibboleth-dev - Re: Integration JUnit testing

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Integration JUnit testing

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Integration JUnit testing
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:06:52 -0400

On 8/26/05, Walter Hoehn
> Sorry, but we must be talking past each other here. I thought we
> were discussing automated black-box testing of the software.

No, sorry, I was referring to non-interactive testing of a Shib IdP
deployment.

> Of
> course you must have a valid configuration. What "arbitrary" AA are
> you talking about?

Somebody comes along and says "hey, I want to install GridShib", and I
say "great, do you have a fully functional Shib 1.3 IdP". They of
course say "yes" but I don't believe a word of it. Assuming each of
us has access to the other's metadata, I want to run a test that
confirms they have a working AA. In particular, I want to be sure
that client authn works since if it doesn't, GridShib will fail
because the IdP will fall back on defaultRelyingParty instead of the
GridShib RelyingParty element they will be asked to configure later
on.

Make sense? Is it doable? (I don't know how.)

This test is crucial, for both us. You won't get bothered with user
problems arising from Shib extensions, and I am assured that any
problems that arise post-install are in fact GridShib-related and not
a cause of a faulty Shib deployment.

Tom