shibboleth-dev - RE: Integration JUnit testing

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Integration JUnit testing

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Integration JUnit testing
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:21:50 -0400

> Make sense? Is it doable? (I don't know how.)

No. Starting with how you'd authenticate to an arbitrary IdP. You can
obviously figure out where my IdP lives, but how do you propose to login to
it? Even if you were to force the deployer to specify credentials, most
people don't use basic-auth anyway.

> This test is crucial, for both us. You won't get bothered with user
> problems arising from Shib extensions, and I am assured that any
> problems that arise post-install are in fact GridShib-related and not
> a cause of a faulty Shib deployment.

It may be crucial, but it's impossible without embedding back-doors that
nobody would have enabled in production.