shibboleth-dev - Re: Metadata Generator

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Metadata Generator

  • From: Nate Klingenstein <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Metadata Generator
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:08:56 +0000

The reason the AA descriptor element was all screwed up was because of
the presumed need to include a second copy of the certificate there; I
probably didn't write the concatenation right. I took this assumption
from example-metadata.xml; is it valid? If not I won't bother at all.

Yes, it must appear there.

For my own edification -- why is it necessary for it to appear there in this metadata but not in that generated by InQueue?

I'll get an updated version done by the end of the night. Thanks for all the guidance on this to everyone.

example-metadata.xml is valid, but the output of the generator is not
(but only when an optional cert is input).

I meant "valid assumption" in a purely English way rather than "successfully validates", showing I need more XML flowing in my veins...

My next question: if I want to properly extend this to generate a bilateral set of metadata from a single form which could be the entire .XML document, for self-contained test environments and simple generation of bilateral agreement metadata, is example-metadata.xml a good thing to closely emulate? Is there anything else I need to ask about?