shibboleth-dev - Re: More defined custom extensions mechanism

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: More defined custom extensions mechanism

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Tom Scavo <>
  • Cc: Chad La Joie <>, Shibboleth Developers <>
  • Subject: Re: More defined custom extensions mechanism
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 16:33:08 -0500

On Jul 6, 2005, at 4:30 PM, Tom Scavo wrote:
On 7/6/05, Walter Hoehn
On Jul 6, 2005, at 4:03 PM, Tom Scavo wrote:
Depending on the tomcat configuration, this might not even be
possible. Tomcat can run without expanding the .war files (that's
how I do it). As Scott mentioned, the whole reason we moved to the
model of a separate configuration directory, $IDP_HOME$, is because
folks didn't understand the process of updating the contents of .war
files.

Good point. So I'm back to my original question: Does the plugin
directly read the files in $IDP_HOME$? Is that the recommended
approach?

That is what I'm recommending, yes. I think it simplifies things quite a bit for you. If you want it to be harder for the build script to overwrite the stuff in this directory, we can certainly work on that.

-Walter