shibboleth-dev - Re: More defined custom extensions mechanism

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: More defined custom extensions mechanism

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Tom Scavo <>
  • Cc: Chad La Joie <>, Shibboleth Developers <>
  • Subject: Re: More defined custom extensions mechanism
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 16:13:41 -0500

On Jul 6, 2005, at 4:03 PM, Tom Scavo wrote:

This way your name mapper behaves just like the standard ones that come
with Shib and you can put your files or directory of files wherever you
want.

Are you suggesting that the plugin directly read the definitive
versions of the metadata and gridmap files stored in the GridShib home
directory (or the IdP home directory if we go that route)? I'm not so
sure this is a good idea. Shouldn't the files in $IDP_HOME$ be copied
over to the tomcat directory after they've been modified?

Depending on the tomcat configuration, this might not even be possible. Tomcat can run without expanding the .war files (that's how I do it). As Scott mentioned, the whole reason we moved to the model of a separate configuration directory, $IDP_HOME$, is because folks didn't understand the process of updating the contents of .war files.

-Walter