shibboleth-dev - Re: shib origin ok, log files rolling over ok.....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: shib origin ok, log files rolling over ok.....

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Noah Levitt <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: shib origin ok, log files rolling over ok.....
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:17:39 -0500

Sounds good to me. The date-based filenames should make it easy for people to delete/archive logs at whatever frequency they wish.

-Walter

On May 13, 2004, at 3:13 PM, Noah Levitt wrote:

I changed the logging stuff to roll over daily. The daily
code in log4j, as far as I can tell, has no facility for
removing old logs. Fortunately, that happens to be what I
wanted to do in the first place (remember the giant maxIndex
that caused the pseudo-infinite loop).

Noah