shibboleth-dev - RE: shib origin ok, log files rolling over ok.....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: shib origin ok, log files rolling over ok.....

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Derek Atkins' <>, 'Walter Hoehn' <>
  • Cc: , 'Noah Levitt' <>,
  • Subject: RE: shib origin ok, log files rolling over ok.....
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:05:26 -0400

> example, limit logs to, say, N weeks? Also, I think we really really
> need to reduce the verbosity of the default logss. There should be
> enough information to help debug standard configuration
> problems without logging at the DEBUG level.

I think we're significantly closer to this now than we were. I no longer
automatically switch to DEBUG when I make install to test something unless
I'm debugging brand new stuff. In particular, the logging at INFO is enough
for me to trace the PKI now, and for a running system, even WARN would debug
most trust problems.

The bigger problem is now the "half is on the target, a quarter is in
ssl_engine_log, and a quarter in the origin" issue. I think 1.3 will take
another step in that direction by eliminating most of the mod_ssl errors.