perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] a shellshocked experience

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] a shellshocked experience

  • From: "Merillat, Eric" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] a shellshocked experience
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 12:41:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Like any other "free" software tools it is up to the end-user to patch and
maintain their installation. No one is going to do that for you. If you are
not capable of maintaining the installation then you should probably find
something else that is more suited to your environment. Even commercial
products are going to require you to apply regular patches when security
issues like this come up. It is just part of doing business.

Eric Merillat
Sr. IP Engineer
US Signal Company
201 Ionia Avenue SW