perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] a shellshocked experience

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] a shellshocked experience

  • From: Stefan Piperov <>
  • To: Shawn McKee <>
  • Cc: Alan Whinery <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] a shellshocked experience
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 15:17:27 -0400

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014, Shawn McKee wrote:

Just  a  quick note.   On lists of  botnets from shellshock I have seen,
perfSONAR hosts were  a  small  minority.   For  example,  BOMGAR  hosts
were  much  more  present.
For  the  WLCG and  OSG  sites we know of  3 perfSONAR instances  in  the  US
 and  Australia that were compromised out  of  ~40  that are deployed.   In
total in  this  region  there  were 7 more perfSONAR
instances  compromised counting non-WLCG,  non-OSG  instances on  a list  of
about  100 hosts.

Shawn

Shawn, where are these lists? I want to see if my machines are there.
Is it possible that many instances were not reported in the first place, just silently patched/reinstalled/turned-off?
Stefan.