perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] a shellshocked experience

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] a shellshocked experience

  • From: Stefan Piperov <>
  • To: Roderick Mooi <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] a shellshocked experience
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 09:03:17 -0400 (EDT)

Roderick, I'm glad your perfsonars run fine. You're obviously taking good care of your pets. But the other end of the spectrum should be addressed too:
My single perfsonar box has crashed, and had to be re-installed, more than the rest of the servers in the same center _combined_ over the last year! And was the only one that got hacked into (twice!), given the same treatment as the rest of the servers in that same center.

That's the reason for me to quote "vulnerability" and "disproportinate amount of effort to maintain".

Stefan.