perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] perfsonar automatic updates

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] perfsonar automatic updates

  • From: Mark Foster <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar automatic updates
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 09:46:40 -0700

I've been running yum-cron for a while, and it works fine.
The one caveat is that folks may (or may not) want to exclude auto update of
the kernel.

In /etc/yum.conf, I put

exclude=kernel*

This means if a critical kernel patch appears, I need to take manual steps to
get it.
The alternative is to omit the above line, and periodically get non-web100
kernel updates
that break ndt until a web100 update is released.

-- Mark
NASA Research & Engineering Network
NASA Ames Research Center / SAIC