perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Problems with Authentication within perfsonar

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Problems with Authentication within perfsonar

  • From: "Niederberger, Ralph" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problems with Authentication within perfsonar
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:04:02 +0200
  • Accept-language: de-DE
  • Acceptlanguage: de-DE

Dear Nina, Candido and all,

I did a further step by step analysis.

My perfsonarUI connects to redIRIS and though getting this
"HLPattern type not defined" error seems to work, since the client works
different when specifying legal or wrong (illegal) UID PWD combination.

When providing correct information, my the perfsonarUI client connects to my
sqlma server. The server the connects to the authentication service (AS).

With wireshark I can see that the SQLMA connect to the AS specifying a
security token with the "HTTP/XML POST /perfSONAR-AS/services/AuthService
HTTP/1.0" message.

The response from the AS is "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found (text/html)".

The full response is:

====================================
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 06:26:27 GMT
Connection: close

<!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;
background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;}
H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;
background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;}
H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;
background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;}
BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;
background-color:white;}
B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;
background-color:#525D76;}
P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;
background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}
A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}
HR {color : #525D76;}--></style>
</head>
<h1>HTTP Status 404 - /perfSONAR-AS/services/AuthService</h1>
<HR size="1" noshade="noshade">
<u>/perfSONAR-AS/services/AuthService</u>
<u>The requested resource (/perfSONAR-AS/services/AuthService)
is not available.</u>
<HR size="1" noshade="noshade">
<h3>Apache Tomcat/6.0.18</h3>
=======================================

This message implies that the Authentication service is not available,
though I did "Testing Your Deployment" as specified in the perfSONAR MDM 3.2
Administrator's Guide on pages 19-28.

So my question is: Why does the AS tell my SQLMA that there is no
authentication service available, though he gives back to my perfsonarUI
client by using the "playground page" correct information?

Any help is very appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance

Ralph

Ralph Niederberger
Juelich Supercomputing Centre
Institute for Advanced Simulation

Phone: +49 2461 61-4772
Fax: +49 2461 61-6656
E-Mail:

WWW: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/

JSC is the coordinator of the
John von Neumann Institute for Computing
and member of the
Gauss Centre for Supercomputing

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt