perfsonar-user - Re: AW: AW: AW: [perfsonar-user] Problems with Authentication within perfsonar

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: AW: AW: AW: [perfsonar-user] Problems with Authentication within perfsonar

  • From: Nina Jeliazkova <>
  • To: "Niederberger, Ralph" <>
  • Cc: Candido Rodriguez Montes <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: AW: AW: AW: [perfsonar-user] Problems with Authentication within perfsonar
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 01:18:57 +0300

Dear Ralph,

Niederberger, Ralph wrote:
> Dear Candido and all,
>
> Coming back to Candido's question concerning correct Uid/Passwd, I have
> analysed the problem a little bit deeper.
>
> After starting PerfsonarUI v0.15b without doing any further action related
> to my perfsonar MDM installation, I see already some first errors. The log
> of the Perfsonar UI is appended.
> (See the timeframe comments below also)
>
> I assume that the problem I have is a followup of these ones.
>
> See Log entries 2009-10-20 14:22:55 till 2009-10-20 14:23:04.
> At this point I have not yet set the "Enable authentication and
> Authorization" flag via the options menu and am using the default
> perfsonarUI.conf file. So nothing special so far.
>

> In the timeframe 2009-10-20 1433:01 till 2009-10-20 15:13:07,
> there came up some log entries though I have not done anything.

This is fine, perfsonarUI is querying Lookup service in background,
errors happen but they have nothing to do with authorization.
> In the timeframe 2009-10-20 15:23:01 till 2009-10-20 15:23:07, I set "Enable
> authentication and Authorization" via options menu.
>
> Timeframe 2009-10-20 15:31:44 till 2009-10-20 15:31.46, I clicked on "Load
> metadata and metrics" having the default perfsonarUI.conf file and got the
> "Enter credentials" menue up.
>
> Timeframe 2009-10-20 15:44:01 till 2009-10-20 15:44:02, I get further error
> messages, though I have not done anything. perfsonarUI is still waiting for
> UID and Password info from the user.

There is a single error message (the rest are INFO and WARNINNG), all
coming from edugain library, hopefully Candido can help with deciphering.

2009-10-20 15:44:02,187 [] ERROR
net.geant.edugain.meta.query.MetaDataUnmarshaller - HLPattern type not
defined

> So the problem already exists, though I have not put in any UID and Passwd
> information nor clicked on the "ok" button.

What happens after you submit UID and password by clicking on the OK button?
> This implies the problem is not related to my perfsonar MDM installation at
> all. It is already existent within the perfsonarUI vers 0.15b client
> installed on MS Windows XP.
>
> Any hints what the problem could be?

If I remember correct, the initial reasoning pointed to an expired
certificate in the GEANT infrastructure, not your particular
installation.

Could somebody suggest a perfsonar service that is using authentication
to test with?

Best regards,
Nina