perfsonar-user - AW: AW: AW: [perfsonar-user] Problems with Authentication within perfsonar

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

AW: AW: AW: [perfsonar-user] Problems with Authentication within perfsonar

  • From: "Niederberger, Ralph" <>
  • To: Candido Rodriguez Montes <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: AW: AW: AW: [perfsonar-user] Problems with Authentication within perfsonar
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:54:47 +0200
  • Accept-language: de-DE
  • Acceptlanguage: de-DE

Dear Candido and all,

Coming back to Candido's question concerning correct Uid/Passwd, I have
analysed the problem a little bit deeper.

After starting PerfsonarUI v0.15b without doing any further action related
to my perfsonar MDM installation, I see already some first errors. The log
of the Perfsonar UI is appended.
(See the timeframe comments below also)

I assume that the problem I have is a followup of these ones.

See Log entries 2009-10-20 14:22:55 till 2009-10-20 14:23:04.
At this point I have not yet set the "Enable authentication and
Authorization" flag via the options menu and am using the default
perfsonarUI.conf file. So nothing special so far.

In the timeframe 2009-10-20 1433:01 till 2009-10-20 15:13:07,
there came up some log entries though I have not done anything.

In the timeframe 2009-10-20 15:23:01 till 2009-10-20 15:23:07, I set "Enable
authentication and Authorization" via options menu.

Timeframe 2009-10-20 15:31:44 till 2009-10-20 15:31.46, I clicked on "Load
metadata and metrics" having the default perfsonarUI.conf file and got the
"Enter credentials" menue up.

Timeframe 2009-10-20 15:44:01 till 2009-10-20 15:44:02, I get further error
messages, though I have not done anything. perfsonarUI is still waiting for
UID and Password info from the user.

So the problem already exists, though I have not put in any UID and Passwd
information nor clicked on the "ok" button.

This implies the problem is not related to my perfsonar MDM installation at
all. It is already existent within the perfsonarUI vers 0.15b client
installed on MS Windows XP.

Any hints what the problem could be?

Best regards

Ralph

Ralph Niederberger
Juelich Supercomputing Centre
Institute for Advanced Simulation

Phone: +49 2461 61-4772
Fax: +49 2461 61-6656
E-Mail:

WWW: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/

JSC is the coordinator of the
John von Neumann Institute for Computing
and member of the
Gauss Centre for Supercomputing

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt