perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR rrd-ma installation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR rrd-ma installation

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR rrd-ma installation
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:34:29 +0200

Kunal,

kunal shroff pisze:
hello,

-Unfortunately this host is not accessible from the outside. If you have a static IP i can try to have it added to the ip tables to make it accessible

That's ok. I hope I will be able to help without it

-I have no experience with xml and so I decided to play it safe and use the default query generated by perfsonarUI
for the lookup service here is the query

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<nmwg:message id="message1219763072" type="EchoRequest" xmlns:nmwg="http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/base/2.0/";>
<nmwg:metadata id="meta">
<nmwg:eventType>echo</nmwg:eventType>
</nmwg:metadata>
<nmwg:data id="data" metadataIdRef="meta"/>
</nmwg:message>

Note that we are using URL-based eventTypes (and your error indicates it) so here is the proper EchoRequest for LS:
http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/perfsonar/trunk/geant2_java-xml-ls/samples/requests/EchoRequest.xml

for the RRD MA service the query is the same.

and for RRD MA:
http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/perfsonar/tags/GEANT2-JAVA-RRD-MA-3.1rc2/samples/requests/EchoRequest.xml

Please try and let me know if it works.

Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Ntw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. (+48 61) 8582022
http://noc.man.poznan.pl ::: http://noc.pionier.gov.pl