perfsonar-user - perfSONAR rrd-ma installation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

perfSONAR rrd-ma installation

  • From: kunal shroff <>
  • To:
  • Subject: perfSONAR rrd-ma installation
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 11:51:45 -0400

hello,

I have been trying to install perfSONAR to monitor the utilization of one of our routers here at BNL.
Following the instruction avaliable on the wiki i have installed the rrd-ma, at first i am testing it with the default rrd-database_TEST.xml.
when I run the sample request it prints the URL of the service the request and response files the time taken and then exits. I do not see any rrd data(i am not really sure wht i should be looking for).
I did not come across any error or warning msgs while performing the previous step, the tomcat and axis installation also seem to be operating fine.

wht i would like to know is how i can confirm if i have installed the rrd-ma successfully.

i would greatly appreciate any help you could offer

yours sincerely
Kunal Shroff