perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR rrd-ma installation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR rrd-ma installation

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Fausto Vetter <>, Domenico Vicinanza <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR rrd-ma installation
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:15:16 +0200

Hi Kunal,

kunal shroff wrote:
hello again,

I tried installing perfsonar using the MDM-3.0 bundle. According to our needs i believe that the lookup and the RRD MA services should be sufficient.
I tried to install these services using the .war files.
I installed the lookup service first (geant2-java-xml-ls-1.2-1.war).
the URL is as follows: http://198.124.220.135:8080/xml-ls/services/LookupService and has been

Is your service accessible from outside? I tried to query it but it's not responding

configured to use the eXist data at http://198.124.220.135:8080/exist/rest/db/ls

when i test the installation with a echo request i get the reply as follows.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<nmwg:message id="message1219763072_resp"
messageIdRef="message1219763072" type="EchoResponse" xmlns:nmwg="http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/base/2.0/";>
<nmwg:metadata id="resultCodeMetadata">
<nmwg:eventType>error.ls.eventtype_not_supported</nmwg:eventType>
</nmwg:metadata>
<nmwg:data id="resultDescriptionData_for_resultCodeMetadata" metadataIdRef="resultCodeMetadata">
<nmwgr:datum xmlns:nmwgr="http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/result/2.0/";>LS EchoRequest error: Not supported event type [echo]. Must be: [http://schemas.perfsonar.net/tools/admin/echo/ls/2.0]</nmwgr:datum>
</nmwg:data>
</nmwg:message>

Can you send me a request you submitted?

the logs for the service read as follows

2008-08-27 10:34:27,883 INFO - RequestHandler: Service received a request
2008-08-27 10:34:27,903 INFO - RequestHandler: Service sent a successful response

I assumed that this is not fatal and moved on to install the RRD MA (geant2-java-rrd-ma-3.0-1.i386) at the URL
http://198.124.220.135:8080/gneant2-java-rrd-ma/services/MeasurementArchivesService
I have also attached the xml file containing information about the metadata which i use during configuration.

while testing the above service i get a similar EchoResponse message i.e. this type of event type is not supported.

Do i need to install the web services again because of the failed echo response?

I don't think so. It looks like a problem with request message

Also while using this service address in the perfsonarUI interfaces tab i need to specify a schema should I just use http://schemas.perfsonar.net/2.0 ??

Yes

Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Ntw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. (+48 61) 8582022
http://noc.man.poznan.pl ::: http://noc.pionier.gov.pl