perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR rrd-ma installation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR rrd-ma installation

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Fausto Vetter <>, Domenico Vicinanza <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR rrd-ma installation
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:57:32 +0200

kunal shroff wrote:
hello,

I apologize for lack of information in the previous email, i will try to be more detailed in this one.

I am trying to install the perfSONAR MA to view the bandwidth utilization of one of our routers.
From the wiki it was my understanding that the MA would be needed to publish the information and the perfsonar UI could then be used to view this information.
I have set up an rrd database which gets regularly updated with information from the router interface (using SNMPwalk). but before using this i wanted to test the perfsonar MA installation by using the default test.rrd and rrd-database_TEST.xml, when I run the sample request it prints the URL of the service the request and response files the time taken and then exits.The wiki says i should be getting back proper rrd data.

Hi Kunal,

You are perfectly right that MA is necessary to publish your information that could be seen then via e.g. psUI.

As Fausto already wrote we would like to know which release you used and what kind of requests sent?
Does the response file contain any useful information like error message?
Are you sending request directly from CLI using ant scripts (it will not print out data as it is only visible in the response file) or maybe via psUI Playground tab?

Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Ntw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. (+48 61) 8582022
http://noc.man.poznan.pl ::: http://noc.pionier.gov.pl