perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Client routines for LookupService

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Client routines for LookupService

  • From: Fausto Vetter <>
  • To: Vlada Macek <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Client routines for LookupService
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 22:45:06 -0200

Hi Vlada Macek,

I guess your problem is that your "Remote administrator access is not allowed" to "Apache Axis". To solve it, check the link below:

http://www.evolutionnext.com/blog/2005/11/16/1132185518707.html

Any doubt, get in touch.

Fausto

Quoting Vlada Macek
<>:

I'm sure I slowly get boring. But after many hours of trying, Tomcat is
still giving me a 401 Unauthorized in deploy-adminclient step of Ant.

You should see Tomcat's "welcome page" with yellow cat on the top :).

Yes, I see it.

You may edit $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml It may look like (if
nobody else uses it):

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
<role rolename="tomcat"/>
<role rolename="manager"/>
<role rolename="admin"/>
<user username="vlada" password="macek" roles="tomcat,admin,manager"/>
</tomcat-users>

It would let you see whether everything is ok in Administration /
Management pages of Tomcat. Don't forget to restart tomcat after
change tomcat-users.xml file.

So the conslusion is that you may install and run Tomcat manually and
during LS installation process just enter Tomcat installation
directory and don't let Ant to run Tomcat (there should be a question
for that)

But Tomcat refuses unauthorized installation of the service. When I
sniff the port 8080 communication, the
ls/LookupService/wsdd/ls-service-deploy.wsdd is sent without any
authentication HTTP information. Isn't it strange considering it tries
to do such privileged operation?

I tried to add these lines to tomcat-users.xml too, but with no success:

<user username="" password="" roles="tomcat,admin,manager"/>
<user username="lookupservice" password="sonar"
roles="tomcat,admin,manager"/>

How the I can force Ant to authenticate to Tomcat?

OR:

Is there some way to deploy the specified WSDD to Tomcat by hand? Maybe
it would be easier.

Thanks very much in advance!

--
\//\/\