perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Client C routines for LookupService

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Client C routines for LookupService

  • From: Martin Swany <>
  • To: Vlada Macek <>
  • Cc: , Matt Rein <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Client C routines for LookupService
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 21:59:16 -0500

Hi Vlada,

I'd be happy to code this in Python,
alas the work order says I shall do C...

We have been looking at C support using
gSOAP, but in previous versions it has lacked
the flexibility in parsing that we need (that
may have changed and Matt Rein (cc:ed)
is looking into in.)

I have previously written gSOAP code that
uses libxml2 to parse the internals of an XML
message. That's less than satisfactory
as it adds the complexity of gSOAP with
few of the benefits. On the other hand, that
may be just the thing for client-only access
to the LS.

What tools did you have in mind?

best regards,
martin