perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Client routines for LookupService

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Client routines for LookupService

  • From: Vlada Macek <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Client routines for LookupService
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 12:45:28 +0100

Martin Swany wrote:
> Hi Vlada,
>
>> I'd be happy to code this in Python, alas the work order says I
>> shall do C...
>
> We have been looking at C support using gSOAP, but in previous
> versions it has lacked the flexibility in parsing that we need (that
> may have changed and Matt Rein (cc:ed) is looking into in.)
>
> I have previously written gSOAP code that uses libxml2 to parse the
> internals of an XML message. That's less than satisfactory as it
> adds the complexity of gSOAP with few of the benefits. On the other
> hand, that may be just the thing for client-only access to the LS.
>
> What tools did you have in mind?

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I was considering something like gSOAP or
libxml2.

In the meantime I got the permission to write my LS client in Python. So
I hope, I'll find some code to use as a starting point.

Until now I was unable to install my own homr LS for testing. The tail
of ant -f build-xmlls.xml deploy:

deploy-adminclient:
[java] Processing file

/home/tuttle/prog/cesnet/sonar-instance/ls/LookupService/wsdd/ls-service-deploy.wsdd
[java] Exception: AxisFault
[java] faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
[java] faultSubcode:
[java] faultString: (401)Unauthorized
[java] faultActor:
[java] faultNode:
[java] faultDetail:
[java] {}:return code: 401
[java] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode

xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/";>ns1:Server.Unauthorized</faultcode><faultstring>Remote
administrator access is not
allowed!</faultstring><detail><ns2:hostname

xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/axis/";>puk</ns2:hostname></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
[java] {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:401

I don't understand, what produces the error, I followed Maciej's
installation instructions exactly (with the difference that tomcat was
downloaded from apache.org, unpacked and pointed to in ant pre-install
step).

Also I came to this page

http://wiki.perfsonar.net/jra1-wiki/index.php/Lookup_Services

Can I use some of the 3 Lookup Services listed here as a sandbox while
developing the client? Or are they used for production?

--
\//\/\

begin:vcard
fn:Vlada Macek
n:Macek;Vlada
adr:;;;Liberec;;;Czech Republic
email;internet:
title:UNIX Admin && Developer
tel;cell:+420 608 978 164
note;quoted-printable:GPG info: key 0x1F059424, fingerprint 1494 F8DD 6379 4CD7 E7E3 1FC9 D750=
	 4243 1F05 9424=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	When you find a virus in mail from me, then I intended to infect you, sin=
	ce I use SW that is not distributing malware w/o my knowledge.=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=

x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
end:vcard