perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Client routines for LookupService

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Client routines for LookupService

  • From: Roman Lapacz <>
  • To: Vlada Macek <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Client routines for LookupService
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:08:33 +0100

Vlada Macek wrote:
Martin Swany wrote:
Hi Vlada,

I'd be happy to code this in Python, alas the work order says I
shall do C...
We have been looking at C support using gSOAP, but in previous
versions it has lacked the flexibility in parsing that we need (that
may have changed and Matt Rein (cc:ed) is looking into in.)

I have previously written gSOAP code that uses libxml2 to parse the
internals of an XML message. That's less than satisfactory as it
adds the complexity of gSOAP with few of the benefits. On the other
hand, that may be just the thing for client-only access to the LS.

What tools did you have in mind?

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I was considering something like gSOAP or
libxml2.

In the meantime I got the permission to write my LS client in Python. So
I hope, I'll find some code to use as a starting point.

There are some implementation stuff in Python. Some time ago I made simple RRD MA and Ping MP and you can find them there:

http://monstera.man.poznan.pl/jra1-wiki/index.php/RRD_type_MAService_-_python
http://monstera.man.poznan.pl/jra1-wiki/index.php/Python_Measurement_Points

The work on those implementations is stopped so it's not as good as it could be. I've got few ideas for improvements but I don't have time now to implement them.

Maybe this info somehow help you in your work.

Roman

Until now I was unable to install my own homr LS for testing. The tail
of ant -f build-xmlls.xml deploy:

deploy-adminclient:
[java] Processing file

/home/tuttle/prog/cesnet/sonar-instance/ls/LookupService/wsdd/ls-service-deploy.wsdd
[java] Exception: AxisFault
[java] faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
[java] faultSubcode:
[java] faultString: (401)Unauthorized
[java] faultActor:
[java] faultNode:
[java] faultDetail:
[java] {}:return code: 401
[java] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode

xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/";>ns1:Server.Unauthorized</faultcode><faultstring>Remote
administrator access is not
allowed!</faultstring><detail><ns2:hostname

xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/axis/";>puk</ns2:hostname></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
[java] {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:401

I don't understand, what produces the error, I followed Maciej's
installation instructions exactly (with the difference that tomcat was
downloaded from apache.org, unpacked and pointed to in ant pre-install
step).

Also I came to this page

http://wiki.perfsonar.net/jra1-wiki/index.php/Lookup_Services

Can I use some of the 3 Lookup Services listed here as a sandbox while
developing the client? Or are they used for production?

--

// PSNC, Poland
// phone: (+48 61) 858 20 24