perfsonar-user - Re: [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request

  • From: "Rafael Costa" <>
  • To: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • Cc: "Chris Welti" <>, GN-JRA1-list <>,
  • Subject: Re: [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:04:49 -0300

Greetings,

Chris,

I think that you must forget apt-get. I had a lot of problems and headaches with it on the past and experienced that the best thing to do is download and install the packages manually.

Loukik created a very good install doc for the SNMP MP service ( http://wiki.perfsonar.net/jra1-wiki/index.php/SNMP_MP:Installation_Instructions ). You can get there all the instructions you need to install jakarta tomcat and axis.

Maybe you could take a look.

Regards,

Rafael

On 8/4/06, Jeff W. Boote <> wrote:
Chris Welti wrote:
>> If the README is inadequate, we would appreciate any feedback you
>> have. (Perhaps we need to do something to let people know to look in
>> the README?)
>

> You should put a hyperlink to the README on the PerfSONAR page
> http://monstera.man.poznan.pl/jra1-wiki/index.php/PerfSONAR_v1.0
> under Pre-Installation Tasks
>
> The way it is written now, I just assumed the README was referring to
> a readme file of the tomcat/axis, exist etc. deployments.

Good idea. Thanks. (done)

> I succesfully installed java and also tomcat via apt-get (debian) I'm
> currently stuck trying to link axis into tomcat.
> I only found the Version 1_4 of axis, as the hyperlink you have in your
> readme to version 1_2_1 is not valid anymore.
> Anyway, I think this should not be a problem, but it seems that Tomcat
> doesn't like axis, as the following tomcat catalina log shows:

[... lots of debug messages deleted ...]

> Any hints?

Sorry - tomcat/axis is NOT my strength. I agree that it looks like a permissions
problem, but I did not see a magic-bullet error message that would make it clear
to me. Loukik, Roman... any ideas?

jeff

--
Atenciosamente,