perfsonar-user - Re: [GN2-JRA1] [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [GN2-JRA1] [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Chris Welti <>
  • Cc: GN-JRA1-list <>,
  • Subject: Re: [GN2-JRA1] [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 08:59:55 -0400

Chris;
As I understand, there needs to be plenty of installation works (Java,
Apache, Tomcat/Axis, eXist) even before the perfSONAR java installation.
Is there a installation guide for this stuff?
On the www.perfsonar.net I can only find a guide for perfSONAR package
itself, but not the the pre-Install requirements :)

The README that comes in the package outlines the pre-install tasks, you can also see it here:

http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/perfsonar/branches/release/perfsonar/releng/perfSONAR-1.0/Readme.txt

Keep in mind, I'm only a Network Engineer, not a Developer or Sys Admin :)
So until there is a real easy way to install it, or I get enough time on my
hands to figure it out myself, the SWITCH RRD and ping MA will remain based
on the python version.

I would be curious on your feedback if you do choose to install it, we want to make the process as painless and easy to understand as possible.

-jason