perfsonar-user - Re: [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request

  • From: Chris Welti <>
  • To: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • Cc: GN-JRA1-list <>,
  • Subject: Re: [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:23:04 +0200

SWITCH is currently using the python release.
I'm a bit reluctant to change to the java version as it seems to have a HUGE
overhead. Also the performance of the python version seems better,
according to reports on this list.
As I understand, there needs to be plenty of installation works (Java,
Apache, Tomcat/Axis, eXist) even before the perfSONAR java installation.
Is there a installation guide for this stuff?
On the www.perfsonar.net I can only find a guide for perfSONAR package
itself, but not the the pre-Install requirements :)
Keep in mind, I'm only a Network Engineer, not a Developer or Sys Admin :)
So until there is a real easy way to install it, or I get enough time on my
hands to figure it out myself, the SWITCH RRD and ping MA will remain based
on the python version.

Regards,
Chris