perfsonar-user - Re: [GN2-JRA1] [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [GN2-JRA1] [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Chris Welti <>, GN-JRA1-list <>,
  • Subject: Re: [GN2-JRA1] [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:01:09 -0400

Barney;

I'd got most of the prerequisites installed from pre-release versions. Just needed eXist and a the 1.5 version of JAVA. However the instructions for the actual install of the perfsonar stuff is worse than it was before (in my opinion). I kinda managed to get the last snapshot working but with this I don't know where to start.

The docs for the actual install seem to be non existant.
I also get and error :
Split loop at -e line 1, <> line 1.

During install of both the gui version and the headless install.

On the headless install it happens just after :
Do you want the installer to configure eXist for you?[y/n]: y
eXist admin password:

A backup of the old eXist database will be in '/opt/perfSONAR-1.0/conf'.
Running the 'restore' shell script will roll back the database.

looks like there is and error in the load-exist.sh script .. I think it is the split command for the url for the exist db.
@exist = split(/xmldb:exist:\/\/\w+:\d+\/exist\/xmlrpc/, $array[0]);
I believe it needs to be :
@exist = split(/xmldb:exist:\/\/\w+:\d+\/exist\/xmlrpc/, '$array[0]');

however even that doesn't work properly as nothing goes in the db and in log/exist..install there is :

Could not retrieve collection /db
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.exist.client.InteractiveClient.shutdown(InteractiveClient.java:2247)
at org.exist.client.InteractiveClient.run(InteractiveClient.java:2038)
at org.exist.client.InteractiveClient.main(InteractiveClient.java:234)
at org.exist.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:117)
at org.exist.start.Main.run(Main.java:364)
at org.exist.start.Main.main(Main.java:48

So do I want to want the MA to use an eXist database?
Do I want the allow the MA to store data? (what does this mean ?)

If I use the eXist db method how do I add/modify MA's.

Please file a bug report so we can work to fix these errors:

http://wiki.perfsonar.net/jra1-wiki/index.php/PerfSONAR_v1.0#Filing_Bugs

-jason