ntacpeering - RE: [2013-l3-architecture] FOR DISCUSSION: IP over AL2S

Subject: NTAC Peering Working Group

RE: [2013-l3-architecture] FOR DISCUSSION: IP over AL2S

  • From: Paul Schopis <>
  • To: Michael H Lambert <>, " Routing WG" <>
  • Subject: RE: [2013-l3-architecture] FOR DISCUSSION: IP over AL2S
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 12:56:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Michael,
Got it. I guess I was operating under an assumption that for a test to be
valid one would have to construct a test packet that "should" follow the same
path. But you raise an interesting point that path selection can be based on
a variety of criteria and one may or may not know what all of the domains
preferences are.

Your thoughts present an interesting paradigm. On one hand researchers have
eschewed protocols as being to rigid, but on the other hand if some version
of consensus (which I would argue is a perhaps an informal protocol) we could
very well have the Tower of Babel problem. In other words, the flexibility of
OF may be it's strongest attribute and its strongest weakness.

P.

Paul Schopis
Chief Technology Officer
OARnet