ntacpeering - Re: [2013-l3-architecture] FOR DISCUSSION: IP over AL2S

Subject: NTAC Peering Working Group

Re: [2013-l3-architecture] FOR DISCUSSION: IP over AL2S

  • From: Steven Wallace <>
  • To: Paul Schopis <>
  • Cc: Grover Browning <>, " Routing WG" <>
  • Subject: Re: [2013-l3-architecture] FOR DISCUSSION: IP over AL2S
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 10:52:15 -0400

Paul,

I think you've hit on something that's going to require network engineers to re-think certain approaches to troubleshooting. IMO, the idea of an in-band probe to determine the path is simply not going to be a part of the SDN future (I could be wrong, but that's my prediction). The good news is that you no longer need it. What I mean is that the controller knows the entire path. I would be asking for an app where the engineer can easily  say to AL2S "what's the path for this flow" and the app responds with the complete path as it exists in realtime.

ssw