ndt-users - Re: Question regarding administrator access on an NDT/perfsonar computer

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Question regarding administrator access on an NDT/perfsonar computer

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: "Morris, Scott" <>
  • Cc: , Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: Re: Question regarding administrator access on an NDT/perfsonar computer
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 06:57:50 -0400

Hi Scott;

This question is more relevant to the performance-node-users list, so I will CC there as well (and recommend you join that list if you haven't already done son).

On an NDT/perfsonar system, what are my limitations if I do not have
full root access? In other words, I do have elevated privileges/access
using sudo. Is there anything within NDT/perfsonar where sudo will not
work or may cause issues?

In our experience, sudo works fine when administrator privileges are required. There is still an option to set and use a root account, but this should not be necessary for daily use.

Thanks;

-jason