ndt-users - Re: NDT web100clt not working

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: NDT web100clt not working

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Laurence Kirchmeier <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: NDT web100clt not working
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:33:44 -0400

Hi Laurie;

OK, this is a known issue. The 3.3.x series of NDT package has a bunch of changes including IPv4/v6 addressing and a new Firewall Detection mechanism. These changes make the 3.3.x client incompatible with older 3.1.x servers. The Java client isn't effected because it is downloaded on demand when the client connects to the server. However the command line client will fail. The client does attempt to detect and report this condition so you have some idea of what happened.

The Abilene NDT servers are still the old 3.1.x servers. You can try testing to the web100.internet2.edu server, or some of the remote servers that I know have upgrades (SWITCH, NSF, and Stanford). Or you can grab one of the older ndt packages if you want to test to an old server.

Rich