ndt-users - Re: My NDT just did not work

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: My NDT just did not work

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: "Ken Bellars" <>,
  • Subject: Re: My NDT just did not work
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:32:05 -0400

Hi Ken;

OK, lets make sure I understand thing properly. You have a Debian based system and you downloaded, built, and installed the NDT-3.3.13 package. Now when you try and run a test you get this error message.

Based on the messages below I suspect that the kernel has not been upgraded. To check this look for a "/proc/web100" directory. If this directory exists, then use the "readall" command (/usr/local/bin/readall by default) to verify that the kernel and user_land library are properly installed.

Please confirm that the patched kernel is build and running.

Briefly the NDT system requires a web100 enhanced kernel, meaning that you need to build a new kernel before the NDT tool will operate. This is spelled out in the original INSTALL file. However, I just looked and found that the wrong INSTALL file is shipped in the package. The next release will have the proper version.

Regards;
Rich