ndt-users - Re: Runtime error with NDT CVS

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Runtime error with NDT CVS

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Matt Selsky <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Runtime error with NDT CVS
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:21:37 -0400

Hi Matt;

At 02:42 PM 7/19/2006, Matt Selsky wrote:
With ndt-3.1.4b and the NY server:

$ ./web100clt -dddddd -llllll ndt-newyork.abilene.ucaid.edu
Testing network path for configuration and performance problems
Connect() for control socket failed : Operation timed out

OK, this is saying that you can't access the servers inside Abilene. Apparently the host you are trying from isn't able to access the Abilene network. I can ping the Columbia University web server, are you able to ping/traceroute to the NDT server?

Can you reach any of the public NDT servers listed on the e2epi web page?

Rich

Same error with Washington and Indianapolis.

--
Matt