mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] certificate management

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] certificate management

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] certificate management
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 08:18:02 -0500

No, trust establishment is specifically out of scope. Shib embeds the certs in metadata and checks against that. Most other products do use metadata so they do something else.

In terms of key rollover we just put both keys in the metadata for a period of time and then pull the old one when we think everyone has had enough time to get the new metadata.