mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] Signature validation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] Signature validation

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] Signature validation
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:09:16 -0400

> >I've tried changing the last line to chain->appendTxfm(of), which looks
> like it should work, but I just get an empty file called Output created.

That may mean it was failing to locate the ID. I thought that produced a
different message, but maybe it's getting swallowed.

> I've found the problem now - Output was empty, because there was nothing
> output, so the DigestValue was calculated on an empty document, and not
> surprisingly didn't match.

Right. I just thought that would manifest differently.

> response_ = dynamic_cast<Response*>(xo.get())->cloneResponse();
>
> while in another scope I tried to verify the signature taken from the
> assertion in response_. I assumed that since I'd called cloneResponse()
it
> wouldn't matter that xo was destroyed at the end of the above scope, but
in
> fact that caused the problem calculating the digest. If I extend xo's
> lifetime the digest calculation is fine.

I can't explain that, it should work fine. You have a clone, so it's totally
disconnected from the original.

There has to be a serious bug if the original object has any relevance.